Sunday, February 27, 2011

Ready for a Vacation

Here is another group of pictures that I just couldn't help but share from our Fall Break getaway. Kaden had a couple of days off school in October so of course I just had to make the most of it. With Keith out of town for a couple of days I decided to tour a museum right here in Cartersville, the Booth Museum. I'm almost embarrased to say that I had never been before in the couple of years that it has been open and now I can't wait to go back...its amazing. The art, the sculptures, the history and the best part almost the whole bottom floor is a hands on interactive exhibit for children...the kids must of been in there for an hour exploring. I took my niece and nephew Kylee & Ethan on our day out in Cartersville too.
When Keith was finished with his work out of town he met us up in Chattanooga and took two days off work back at home to explore the city with us. We went to a farmer's market, climbed rock walls, visited a pumpkin patch, went on a hayride (where I lost my brand new sunglasses!), went to the incredible Children's Museum, took in some great scenery, and even rode the Incline Railway.
With all the recent snow and snow days off school Kaden did not have his scheduled February Winter Break off school where we had planned on taking a trip to our beloved Charleston, SC. So now I'm itching to get out of town and explore w/ the kiddos again.







No comments: