Sunday, October 12, 2008

A long weekend comes to a close....

Keith has been out of town since Thursday morning and it is weekends like this that I can truly sympathize with single moms. Having two kids w/ 3 1/2 years in b/w them has its pros and cons, but I would say the biggest negative is the inability to nap w/ the baby. Kaden no longer takes naps during the day so there is no real time for me to unwind when Kendall goes down for her brief naps. However, I do take this time to go on turbo mode and get laundry done, clean, check emails, or play w/ Kaden & tend to his needs. There is just no real down time for me to just turn off as Mommy or even enjoy a nice hot shower. We did accomplish a few musts this weekend like finalizing plans for Kendalls upcoming baptism and reception. I booked the restaurant, ordered the invites and confirmed the church w/ the Deacon. We also made it to church this morning and Kendall stayed in the nursery for the first time. It took every ounce of me to sit through that hour w/out going to check on her. She was fine though & they said she slept for about 30 mins and showed her 'gums' a lot while smiling and wiggling in delight.
Keith will be home in about 2 hours and I will welcome him back w/ open arms and a kid or two to watch as I take part in my Sunday evening shows...Desperate Housewives and Brothers and Sisters!

1 comment:

Tara said...

yeah! Glad the long weekend is almost over. You Survived!!!