Monday, May 11, 2009

Dooce.com and the Swine Flu

New favorite blog...dooce.com. You have got to check out the video clip on this site about swine flu. It is somewhat informative, but mostly hilarious! Seriously though, to anyone that has a toddler, how do you keep their hands out of their nose or for that matter their butt, and then more importantly from then putting those disgusting germ filled fingers, aka bugers, in their mouth???? I will need to wash my 4 year old son's hands every five minutes...practical, possible, probable-no! So my dilema continues: do I put my children on an airplane this week to travel to Phoenix/Scottsdale Arizona (closer to the epidemic of swine flu) or sit at home and not go w/ my family on vacation?
At our mother's day brunch yesterday my parents friend, who literally travels the world on a yearly basis, gave us a nasal passage blocker called Zicam. She informed us that you just swab it into your nasal passages and it blocks the germs from entering through your nostrils. Too good to be true...probably, but I think I will give it a whirl anyways after I ok it with their pediatrician.

No comments: