Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day Weekend 2009











I'm one lucky momma....I have two beautiful children and a husband, despite his moodiness, that is truly thoughtful, generous, and HELPFUL! The weekend kicked off on Friday morning w/ a mother's day breakfast hosted by Kaden, his classmates, and his awesome teacher Ms. Paige. The kids sang us songs, gave lots of hugs, served us pastries and fruit, and even made us gifts. After school Keith and I took Kaden, Kendall and Saige (my niece) fishing at my friend Tara's parents lake where Kaden caught his very first fish! It was a super cool moment according to Kaden. We then headed off to Kaden's soccer game where he had a huge fan base as my nieces Kylee and Saige and my nephew Ethan joined us w/ their Pops (my dad). It was off to dinner w/ the whole crew including our soccer pals Angela and Olivia and our friends Kim and Brandon and their two girls. Saturday was hectic w/ a birthday party to bring the kids to, shopping and tackling our lawn as part of Keith's mother's day present to me was to finish mulching the kids play yard and to plant lots and lots and lots of flowers. However, my big surprise came when he set up a dining set and chaise chair for me on our back deck. We have since enjoyed two dinners, one breakfast and a very nice mother's day brunch outside. Today was wonderful w/ a relaxing morning w/the kids and Keith and then my Mom and Dad and their friend Michelle, who is visiting from out of town, came over for a joint effort lunch/brunch. Even Kendall's Godmother, Shay Shay came over for a visit.

With the weekend coming to a close I realize that I'm not only appreciative to have today to get noticed and pampered and appreciated, but to sit and look at the loves of my life and realize that there is absolutely no where else in the world I would rather be.

No comments: