Thursday, November 5, 2009

H1N1 Vaccine

The four of us received our H1N1 vaccines yesterday. Bartow County was offering the shots at the Civic Center and b/c our pediatrician and family practitioner had already given out all doses they had received and were not sure when they would get more of the vaccine we decided to go ahead and get it while we could before the winter hits and we begin our holiday travels. We all received it in the shot form rather than the spray and although I'm a little sore in the injection site we have had no other complications that I'm aware of at this time. I had gone back and forth as to whether I should even get the kids vaccinated but after their previous illnesses and their doctor's advice I decide to go ahead. Unfortunately, when our pediatrician diagnosed the kids with Swine Flu last month there was no test available at the time to make the diagnosis 100% so we were still advised to get the shot...just this past week a new in office test became available...just our luck. Had the kids tested positive they would have not needed to been vaccinated b/c they would have already been immune....
Well at least I know they are protected now.

Please note that I'm only writing about our experience as I struggled w/ whether or not to get the vaccine. I'm not in any way stating that you or your child should or should not be vaccinated.

1 comment:

Tara said...

I am going to call our pediatrician today!