Monday, November 9, 2009

The Toy Catalog has Arrived

I remember being a kid and the Sears Christmas Catalog would arrive to my Nana's. That huge book meant the beginning of the Christmas season. My Nana would put out different colored pens for my sisters and I to circle the items we wished for Santa to bring us. It was such a simple thrill and my sisters and I would talk about the toys and giggle and then argue about who was getting what. Even today when the toy catalogs arrive from Toysrus, Target, or wherever I admittedly feel like a kid again. I have sat w/ Kaden each year and flipped through to watch his face and let him point out what he liked. This year I gave him a red pen and said "circle what you hope Santa brings you"...the result was 111 items w/ a big red circle. So of course I asked him to give me his top ten and although even that list keeps changing it reminds me why I love this time of year. The hope and excitement and the pure joy of the season...especially through the eyes of a child...there is nothing else like it and who doesn't love to feel like a kid again even if for just a brief moment.

No comments: