Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Kissing Frogs


I have been a horrible blogger lately! I can't believe I have gone so far inbetween posts....and I have so much to share. My distant family may think I have fallen off the face of the Earth. Instead I have become a children's boutique owner! I bought out a local store here in Cartersville and have spent almost every waking minute of the last three weeks ordering, remodeling, buying and shopping! The Atlanta Mart has become my new home and children's clothing is literally what I dream about. Yesterday was my first day open for the 'grand opening week!' And although the store is not stocked completely yet (I'm still waiting on a lot of shipments to come in) I must pat myself on the back and take a breather. I woke up early this morning grinning b/c I may just have found my calling! I get to do something I love that involves my passion for fashion and best of all include my children. Kaden and my niece Saige both think they are employees! Kendall just adores the babies that have been stopping by! And the night after I purchased the store we all sat down to dinner and Kaden whispered in my ear..."Mommy, I have a special surprise for you." Then he handed me a dime and said..."this is money to help you with your new store...I love you." Melt my heart! That dime has now been treated like the hope diamond...locked away in a safe spot so I can remember this rollercoaster and just how grateful I am to have this opportunity.
The new store is called Kissing Frogs Children's Boutique in downtown Cartersville. I'm grateful to have two wonderful employees to work the store but I will definitly be a presence and working hard behind the scences to bring Cartersville and the surrounding areas the best in newborn, toddler and kids clothing and accessories! If you are a member of facebook look up Kissing Frogs and become a fan to stay uptodate on the store.
This really would not have been possible w/out my family and a few wonderful friends who have bent over backwards for me in the last few weeks. Words are not enough to thank my my Mom, my best friend Tara and her uber talented Mom who created my logo, and my new block neighbor Hannah from Gigi's. Most of all my husband who has given me the ability to make this happen and tried 'his very best' to be understanding of all my hard work and late hours!

2 comments:

Tara said...

Congratulations!!! I simply can't say enough how happy I am for you. I don't know of anyone more perfect got the job.

Kelly Young said...

so happy that you're happy! :) Congrats again!