Friday, January 1, 2010

Welcoming 2010 As A Family

At our friends Kelly & Tom's house. I got to hang out w/ some of my best high school and college buddies that I haven't seen in awhile. Keith was on the other side of the kitchen counter...he thoroughly enjoyed the buffet of delicious food! :) And this is only about 1/2 the kids in attendance!

Kendall feeds Kaden some M&M's during our floor candy picnic


Sweet baby girl...although I did fight w/ her all night about keeping in her hairbow...I seem to be losing the battle!

Kaden & Kendall at home ready to ring in the New Year


After my house almost caught on fire at last years New Years Eve Party we decided to tone it down a bit for this year's celebration. We went over to a friends new home for a wonderful feast w/ good friends and a whole lot of kids & babies for Kaden and Kendall to stay entertained. We came home around 10pm and had a candy picnic in our foyer of all places. Kendall finally fell asleep so Keith, Kaden and I decided to partake in a little Wii Bowling to kill time. Then as we turned on the New Years Eve countdown Kendall woke up!...So all four of us piled into our bed and watched the countdown. We did a big family kiss at midnight and then watched from our windows as some of our neighbors shot off fireworks. We even got to talk with family at Midnight that called. What a perfect way to ring in the New Year!
I do have several resolutions for this year:
1. Get back in the Gym or at least try to watch a little of what I eat.
2. Try to cook at least 3 dinners at home each week, but it also has to be cell phone and Internet free...we eat out way too much w/ way too many interruptions!
3. Be Grateful!!!
4. Be patient!!!!
5. Dont be afraid to ask for help once in awhile.

2 comments:

Tara said...

One of my resolutions is for you and I to try to get to gether more often. It was so good to see you guys the other night.

Katie Smith said...

yes, we def. need to do that. Life gets so busy sometimes, but we should make time!