Monday, August 9, 2010

A Day on the Lake

When I was in high school every Wednesday during the summer my Dad would rent two boats and my family w/ friends in tow would spend the day on the lake. It's some of my favorite memories...jumping from the cliffs, eating soggy sandwiches, tubing and soaking in the sun.
For my Dad's birthday last month, Keith, the kids & I decided to spend the afternoon revisiting one of my Dad's favorite hobbies. So we rented a boat, jetski, tube & packed a big lunch and set out on the lake w/ my parents and niece & nephew. We all had a great time! It was Kaden & Kendall's first time tubing and Kendall's first time on a jet ski...she did not go over 5mph as I threatened Keith's life if she were to fall off :) The best part of the day was to get away from the craziness that is our everyday lives of running a business...I don't think my Dad & Keith talked about work for more than 5 minutes, which is a huge victory in and of itself.








No comments: