Thursday, August 5, 2010

Kaden starts Kindergarden



I cried this morning sending my baby boy off to his first day of Kindergarden....shocker I know! But seriously when did he get so big. I told him I had happy tears b/c it seemed like yesterday I was bringing him home from the hospital and now here I am sending him to his first 'real' day of school. Kaden of course looked at me like I was crazy but gave me a kiss and told me "its going to be ok Mommy...I'm a big boy now!"
As I sat in the outrageously long carpool line to pick him up this afternoon I literally bit off all my fingernails waiting to see him and hear how his first day went. He came running down the ramp and high-fived Keith as he approached the car! He told us he made a 100 new friends, which coming from any other kid may be a little far fetched, but knowing Kaden there may have been some ounce of truth to it. He only remembered two names...Sam & Gabe. Kaden then proceeded to tell us that his teacher was funny and that he fell off a rock climbing wall...but with no scratches to bruises to prove it I think this may have been made up???
I asked him if everyone spoke English to which he replied "no one!" So I panicked again and then I asked him what English was and he was not sure...so we obviously need to work on that! I rephrased my question and asked him if everyone speaks like him and he said "oh yes"

No comments: