Tuesday, July 21, 2009

"Everything is not a competition"

Our son Kaden is an over the top competitive kid. I'm sure this will work in his favor w/ sports or something one day, but right now its just a little annoying and frustrating. However, there are certain ways that I use his need to be first at everything in my favor. For example getting a bath or his teeth brushed, hurrying to get dressed, finding his shoes, etc. But...I think he is starting to catch on! Yesterday as we were getting loaded up into the car I told him "Kendall is going to be all buckled up and ready to go before you are." His response, quite frankly, was "You know Mommy not everything in life is a competition!" From the mouth of Babes! Don't you just love it when your words come back to bite you :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We need to teach his dad how to pick out the fastest go-kart!