Saturday, July 11, 2009

Not a Rodeo Girl

So my Dad's (aka Pops) 54th birthday was yesterday. Let me start out by saying that Kaden had golf camp and then I took Kaden & Kendall swimming for a couple of hours at the club and then home to bathe & change clothes so by the time we even got to the cookout at my parents both of my kids were beyond reasoning with. Then it was off to the rodeo, which started at 8:00...our usual bed time is 8:30. So w/ exhaustion setting in I knew I was in for a bumpy road. Add the heat to the equation and it was disastrous! I was kicking myself the whole way home as Kendall screamed.
With that said the rodeo was....
not my cup of tea! I grew up around horses and showed, but I'm not for the whole bull riding, cattle herding thing. To top it off Kaden decided to join Saige, Ethan, and Kylee (my nieces and nephews) in the 10 and under cattle round up half way into the show. It was about 75+ kids running and screaming. Kaden got trampled and then lost his sense of direction and his cousins so when it was time to come back to our section of the bleachers he went out on the other side of the arena to the rear end where the horses were located. I wish I could paint the picture of how totally freaked out I was. I took off in flight w/ my mega purse on one shoulder and Kendall on my hip...running in the dirt half way around the arena. When I got to him we was not crying but just had this total look of loss on his little pouty face. He was definitely scared but that lasted for about 5 minutes until he wanted to get on the trampoline launch jumping thing. So I let him get on it as I was just so happy he was safe. Then I feared for his life on this jumping thing that launched him into the air. Half way through he informed me he was getting a head ache and that it was hurting his privates! Enough said...time to go home!!!
All in all Kendall enjoyed the music and liked waving at the horses even though she was exhausted. Kaden seemed to like the first couple of bull riders and then was bored and wanted to go on the rides. I did not like any of it and felt like a total party pooper!

No comments: