Monday, October 12, 2009

10 Year High School Reunion

Shelly, Amy, Me, Veronica and Chivonne


This weekend was my 10 year high school reunion. Keith was out of town Firday night so I had the sitter watch Kendall and I took my son on a Mommy & Son date. Kaden and I joined friends for dinner and then went to the homecoming football game on Friday night, which was entertaining if just for the people watching and to see how much things have changed and stayed the same. There was not a big turn out from my old class at the game though so that was disappointing.

Saturday evening I hosted a small pre party before the reunion and I had pulled old pictures and scrapbooks from the attic that we reminisced through and got in some good laughs.

Then it was off to the reunion. I think there were only about 60 of the 290+ graduates from my class, but at that I just did not recognize or remember most of them. I was in such a bubble in high school but I'm glad that bubble eventually burst and I became a member of the real world so to speak. I also realized how far I've come in life and that I have accomplished more than I probably had ever imagined I would back then. I was glad that Keith was able to surprise me and come to the reunion and see the carefree girl in me again.

With that said I did host an after party that lasted till about 4am....so I still got it in me to throw a good party!

No comments: