Friday, October 30, 2009

Fall Festival and The Cough!

Kaden's new fish who has since been named both March Forward and Sonic
This is by far Kaden's new favorite...you may notice he does this bouncy at every opportunity that presents itself...we waited in line for almost 30 mins...oh fun!

Kendall becomes very sleepy waiting in line all bundled up w/ her halloween baby doll dressed as a tiger!

Kaden and his pal George



This past Saturday was another typical weekend w/ more activities then we could manage and to top it off Kendall woke up w/ a cough, runny nose and slight fever! A fever in her is now beyond scary so I gave her Motrin right away and made sure she was back to normal before we headed out the door. Within an hour she was running around the house like a crazy woman and Kaden was bouncing off the walls in anticipation of the days activities. We arrived at our first destination, which was a birthday party at an indoor gymnastics center for a friend of Kaden's from school. They looked so cute in their matching ghost shirts and as I was collecting all our items I heard Kaden say "Mommy I really have to go pee pee." To which I replied "one minute," but that reply was meet w/ "Oh no, Mommy I can't stop it...my legs are wet!" At that moment I should have realized this was going to be one of those days where I should have just turned around and went home and saved myself a lot of trouble, but after a minute of pure panic I put everyone back in the car and rushed over to Target to buy him new underwear and pants. We walked into the party 30 minutes late, but the kids had a great time...Until I finally got ahold of Kendall and she was again running a fever. When I went to collect Kaden I was met by one of the workers who informed me my son had gone down one of the slides into the big foam ball pit and had lost his pants in the pit..."Well, of course he did!" (The pants I purchased at Target were a size too big, but the only ones that would match his shirt you see :) He was too embarrassed to come out so the nice young man working their crawled into the ball pit passed me off my son and went fishing for his pants. Now I was mortified and it was just time to go. Keith met me just in time to go to the drug store to get more Motrin for Kendall and wait to see how she did with that in the parking lot. Then it was off to the Fall Festival at the Club. Kaden was greeted by many of his little friends and ran around playing for a good hour while I socialized and my poor husband was trapped inside w/ our baby girl who nonetheless was devouring some chicken fingers and tater tots. Kaden's highlight of the day was that he won a gold fish at one of the games...wonderful our last fish just died two weeks ago...this will be #3! We ate our dinner and then headed home for baths and to try to get to bed early. I had planned to go to a friend's birthday dinner in Atlanta w/ my girlfriends, but at that point all I wanted was sleep and to get Kendall well so no grown up time for me.


Update on the illness factor: Kendall is still sick :( She was up all night coughing and is currently sleeping on the couch! and Kaden has missed two days of school b/c of cough and runny nose. I just can't believe they are both sick again! I just hope they are better in time for trick or treating.

No comments: