Monday, September 28, 2009

Fever strikes while out of town!

So I have a backlog of activities to write about, but I currently have two sicky babies. We traveled out of town this weekend to Louisville, Ky w/ Keith. On the way there I could tell Kaden was out of sorts and was starting to develop a cough on top of his constant runny nose. Long story short we ended up in the ER of Kosair Children's Hosptial in downtown Louisville at 6am on Sunday morning w/ 103.5 fever. Kaden started w/ a fever at about 6pm on Saturday evening and it would not break despite the luke warm bath, cold cloths, minimal clothing, alternating tylenol and motrin (all of the at home mom tricks were used). He has picked up a nasty viral infection and to make matters worse it looks like Kendall is starting to pick up his symtoms!
This has really got me thinking though...when traveling I'm so anxious to learn all about the fun activities to plan for the kids, but you never know when the unexpected can happen such as this. We just so happened to be only blocks from the best children's hospital in Kentucky. I had ruled out Urgent Care facilities when Kendall got sick in Charleston, SC last year. They don't feel comfortable diagnosing children, especially if it is not as easy as saying that its just an ear infection, so they refer you off to a children's hospital ER and then you are double billed. If you are not near your pediatrician, my advice after experiences, is find the nearest children's hospital!

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

I hate to hear the kids are sick!!! I hope they feel better soon!!!

Ms. Lindsay