Saturday, September 12, 2009

Too much too soon?







My question of the moment is how much is too much when it comes to exposing your children to sports & extra curicular activities? Kaden has been involved w/ golf now since April, taking one lesson a month, putting w/ Keith @ random and he also did camp this summer & probably will every summer until he says otherwise. His main sport has just started this past week, which is soccer. It will be every Tuesday & Thursday evening w/ a 30 min practice and 30 min game (it is toooo cute by the way). And on Wednesday he goes to choir w/ all his little buddies from church. But now...he wants to pick up Tennis. The club is offering a clinic this Fall on Wednesday afternoons for one hour. He seems really enthusiastic about it, but I just don't want to overload him. I know he will be wanting to play Tball in the Spring and maybe football next Fall so do I let him try everything now and let him decide two or three to stick w/ later or do I limit him now to give each activity time to simmer....



Anyways, I took him out last week to show him some basics w/ tennis. Of course he was all over the place and didn't pay much attention, but I had fun teaching him about the sport that I enjoy so much. I have just started playing again once a week and have realized how nice it is to have a sport/hobby that excites you and that is all I want for each of my children.

No comments: