Sunday, September 21, 2008

Endless Night

Keith & I went on our first date post baby Kendall. We had an amazing dinner on Friday night at the Aviation Chophouse & Skybar in Kennesaw. It was nice to just sit and talk without the constant interruption of the kids and to realize that you have so much to just catch up on. My mom was babysitting so I didn't have to worry much about the baby as she is great w/ infants, but I was still anxious to get home. Upon arrival we found that Kaden had thrown up all over himself in our bed! He must have eaten something bad as he was not running a fever or in bad spirits, but just constant vomiting occurred all night long. Kendall, of course, slept very well for a change. It is so hard to see your child sick and know there is nothing you can do but continue to offer him fluids, which I knew was just going to make him throw up again. Finally by 7am he stopped and then he slept...for five hours during the day. The best part of this endless night, besides dinner, was getting to baby my little man. He is getting so big that he very rarely lets me hold him for very long anymore and I just adore and laugh at the kid he has become, but you always miss the baby stage.

No comments: